The beauty of Autumn has arrived to my area of the world and this year I am determined to photograph some of the sites from my own wooded acre of the world.
In order to get myself to take more photos of the trees & other things around my property in the Autumn months, I decided to start by creating a scrapbook layout. I am more apt to get the photos developed if I already know the sizes to print and the layout on which I will use them.
First I needed a color scheme for the layout. For that I turned to this photo which I took yesterday:
After a bit of a struggle on which green I would use, I decided to use Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Soft Suede to work with this photo. I also wanted some colors that would add a bit more color to the page. So, I also added Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry when I stamped the Wondrous Wreath images.
In case you want to recreate this layout, I’ll save you the time figuring out details.
The cutting measurements:
- Basic Black CS: 2.25″x 12″ & 1″x 2.25″(cut banner into end)
- Whisper White CS: 6.75″x 9.25″ – Plus enough for the wreath
- Pear Pizzazz CS: 0.75″x 2.25″ (cut banner into end), 2 Photo Mats 4.25″x 6.25″
- Soft Suede CS: 0.5″ x 1.5″ (cut banner into end)
- Pop of Pink DSP from the 2016-2017 Annual catalog- Print= white with black plus signs: 12″ x 12″
- Basic Black CS: 12″x 12″
- Whisper White CS: 8.5″ x 11″ – Plus enough for 2 wreaths -1 wreath cut to form partial sections
- Pear Pizzazz CS: 8.5″ x 2.5″
- Soft Suede CS: 2 Photo Mats 4.25″x 6.25″
- Pop of Pink DSP- white with black plus signs: 2″ x 12″ & 1″ x 12″
I’ll be taking more photos over the next few weeks & add to those I took yesterday to complete this layout. Acorns, leaves, trees, and who knows what else. I usually capture the wild animals grazing or crossing through my land, but I forget to take pictures of the things I see routinely around my property. Some day I believe I may want to see photos of these every day or every Autumn things too.
Are you photographing special events more than your routine experiences?
Don’t forget to capture some every day events or things in your scrapbooks for variety. Life isn’t just special events. It is also making every day things into cherished memories.
Until next time…