If you’ve been following along with the scrapbook design posts the past two weeks of April, you’ve seen an Aquarium layout with the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper (DSP) and A Beautiful You layout with the Neutrals DSP stack. This week we’ll return to use more of the lovely Blooms & Bliss DSP and learn how to take what we’ve learned in using a DSP cut to span a double page layout and add more layers of cardstock and DSP to the design.
As you can see on this layout, the focal DSP is centered-cut down the middle for 12″x6″ on both inner Blushing Bride bases. This time, however, the 1/2′ strip of Silver Foil Paper is not applied against the edge of the focal DSP, but applied along the edge of the coordinating horizontal (1″x12″) DSP.
Texture was applied to this layout by adding raised stripes with the Stampin’ Up! Trimmer score tool alternating between 1/2″ and 1/4″ for 6″on both base pages. *The 6″area covered by the DSP need not be scored.
Banners pointing down or in toward your page will lead your eyes to the interior of the page.
Since the orientation of the photos on this spread are in the middle, the banners help bring your gaze into the page. The two white journal blocks (or if you prefer to stamp or add photo images here, that would work too) at the angles create an upside down “V” moving your eyes along the page.
The addition of the horizontal DSP and Silver Foil paper strip helps provide the layout with more interest, but also balances the page by providing the bottom 3rd of the page as much weight as the photos which are right above.
The rule of 3rds is frequently used in design (I discussed using it in card design April 7). When figuring where to place your horizontal paper strips, it should be no surprise that 4″ (1/3 of 12″) is the top of the strip.
- 1 Sheet 12″x12″ Blooms & Bliss DSP cut in half to form 2) 12″x6″ pieces.
- 2 Strips 1″x12″ Blooms & Bliss DSP which coordinates with focal DSP
- 2 Strips 1/2″x12″ Silver Foil Paper
- 2 Sheets 12″x12″ Blushing Bride Cardstock
- Paper Trimmer scoring blade to emboss lines on Blushing Bride Cardstock
- 2 Sheets 8.5″x11″ Rich Razzleberry cardstock: Use to create 3) 6.25″x4.25″ photo mats, 4) 4.25″x3.25″ mats, and 1) Banner 1″x3.75″
- 2 Sheets 8.5″x11″ Sweet Sugarplum cardstock: Use to create 3) 6″x4″ photo mats, 4) 4″x3″ mats, and 1) Banner 1″x5″
- 1 sheet 8.5″x11″ Whisper White cardstock: Use to create 2) 3″x4″ journal mats(stamp, photo, or title areas, if you prefer)
Blooms & Bliss DSP is while supplies last on the Retiring List. You can check out the list at my online store HERE. If it happens to be sold out, remember you can choose a different DSP and coordinating cardstock to create the same layout-You may even prefer doing this in order to create a page which color coordinates with your photos.
I have one more layout to finish out April’s weekly double page creations. Stop by next week to see the Mediterranean Moments layout which will finish out my designs for this month.
Until next time…