Do you love coffee so much that you quickly snatched up the Coffee Cafe bundle from the annual Stampin’ UP! catalog?
I did. Then I created some fun cards such as this one:
Once I got my hands on that bundle I was desperately hoping that Stampin’ UP! would add more coordinating stamps to use with the dies and…They did! It is a new holiday catalog Item #144965
This $17.00 USD photopolymer stamp set will take you through Autumn, Christmas, Winter, and more. I love that!
I liked the stampset so much I stamped my own designer paper to make an Autumn card.
When I stamped and die cut the coffee cup, I decided to create a second card from the negative space the coffee cup left on the Soft Suede cardstock.
It’s a shaker card! The gold embossed sentiments on this card are from the annual catalog set aptly called Hello Friend.
For those new to shaker cards they are fairly simple. They do take a bit of practice just because all that foam stickiness can be pretty sticky (duh, lol). The basic directions:
- Die cut or punch so that you have the open ‘window’ of the shape you desire.
- Attach a piece of Window sheet to the back of the cardstock to create the ‘window pane’.
- Apply dimensionals or foam strip directly onto the window sheet covered cardstock to form a continuous line around the edge of the shape – you want no gaps so that your shaker bits (sequins, glitter, sand, etc) stay inside the shape. You also don’t want your foam showing when viewing from the front side.
- Choose your filling and place onto card base in area where window will reside.
- Remove second side of sticky tape on dimensionals/foam strip and attach over base with shaker bits in window area. Voila! All done! Give it a shake.
*I’ll try to take step-by-step pictures and create a photo tutorial for shaker cards soon.
All these coffee designs have me thinking I need another cup of the wonder elixir.
Until next time…