When I purchased the Wondrous Wreath stamp set & matching dies from the 2014 holiday catalog, I knew I would be using it year round. I’m glad it stuck around and made it into two Annual catalogs (so far) so that others could find the beauty of this set.
With the addition of some cute punch art and sentiments in die cut banners, I believe the resulting cards are totally adorable!
The first is this jack-o-lantern wearing a punch art witch hat:
Isn’t that card quite a treat?!
Did you figure out the witch’s hat was made from the Fox Builder Punch? If you read on, I”ll give you instructions.
But first, check out another card with a cute punch art crow in a similar card design using the Wondrous Wreath set.
Crows are kind of a quirky little bird; a bit of a nuisance, but fun to watch this time of year when most of the prettier summer birds have already begun their migration to warmer climates. Maybe not so funny if they are chomping on your pumpkins or jack-o-lanterns though.
The focal point of these cards is the punch art hat & crow adorning the Jar of Haunts Jack-o-lantern nesting in the Wondrous Wreath.
The punch art creations are very simply made with some of the fabulous Stampin’ Up! punches. Punches are by far one of my favorite things, after stamps, in the Stampin’ Up! product line. So easy to use and versatile too.
- Using the Fox Builder Punch & Basic Black CS, punch the entire body portion only and trim away white areas as shown in photo of pieces above.
- Using the Fox Builder Punch & Basic Black CS, insert CS into the body portion so that only the bottom strip of the body punches out, giving you the black strip. Repeat this to give you 2 Basic Black CS punched strips, and 1 Pumpkin Pie punched strip
- Adhere Pumpkin Pie CS strip directly over the same area on your body punch which you’ve punched and trimmed to form the pointed hat top
- Adhere Basic Black punch strips, one at a time slightly below Pumpkin Pie CS strip so that a portion of the orange shows AND an overhang creating the hat brim occurs. The second black strip will overlap the first.
- Attach this hat to the jack-o-lantern (OR any other critter or character to dress them for Halloween!)
It is made with the Fox Builder Punch, Owl Builder Punch, and Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
- Using Basic Black CS, punch the body from the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch and trim away white areas as shown in photo.
- Using Basic Black CS & the Fox Builder Punch, punch 2 tail ends (no need to punch entire tail, just insert enough CS to cut tips of tail closest to punch edge) You will trim these later to follow curve of the pumpkin.
- Using Basic Black CS & the Fox Builder Punch, punch 1 swooshy-thing (see photo) for feathers coming out top of crow’s head. Adhere to top underside of head punch.
- Using Crushed Curry CS (other yellows work too) and Fox Builder Punch, punch the mask and trim to form beak. Adhere to head (make sure you are adhering to front side-the “feather” is coming out top of underside/back.
- Using Whisper White CS, Punch the small circles from the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch for the eyes.
- Using Basic Black CS, punch the smallest circles from the Owl Builder Punch for the eyes.
- Adhere the Basic Black eye circles to the Whisper White eye circles
- Adhere the assembled eyes to the head -they are best spaced within the beak width and just slightly above.
- Attach Crow body to Pumpkin & wings as shown in final card. You will trim wings to follow the edge of pumpkin so that it appears he is peeking out from behind it.
**TIP** This crow is meant to be hidden behind something, if you choose to hide him behind something other than this pumpkin, you may need to adjust how large his wings are and how they are trimmed to fit the piece. (Try having him pop out of Jars or behind banners, holding signs, or peeking over fences or photos on a scrapbook page.
Instructions for the remainder of the card:
- The card base is Basic Black CS 8.5″x5.5″ scored in 1/2 @ 4.25″ and folded
- The 1st layer is Pumpkin Pie CS 4″x5.25″
- The Hardwood Background stamped Layer is Crumb Cake CS stamped in Soft Suede Ink 3.75″x5″
- The Wondrous Wreath is stamped in White Craft Ink onto Basic Black CS and Embossed with White Embossing Powder & heat gun. It is cut out using the matching dies.
- The Sentiments are from Teeny Tiny Wishes & Banners For You stamped onto Pumpkin Pie CS using Stazon Jet Black Ink and die cut using Bunch of Banners Framelits (which is also available bundled with the Banners for you stamps)
- The Jar of Haunts jack-o-lantern face was stamped onto Pumpkin Pie CS using Stazon Jet Black Ink, the pumpkin was stamped using Calypso Coral Ink. The pumpkin was fussy cut using SU! snips (scissors).
- The Banner sentiment & jack-o-lantern/punch art are popped up using dimensionals
As always, should you wish to purchase some of these great Stampin’ Up! products, I’d be honored if you’d choose me as your demonstrator. I’m only a few sales away from my next title promotion. You can shop with me as your demonstrator HERE. If you place your order by October 28, 2016 AND enter this month’s Hostess code Q6HTERV3 on your online order form, I’ll send a replica of one of the two cards (my choice) you’ve seen above as a personal thank you.
Thanks for visiting.
Until next time…