Today is a very quick share of a very simple paper, scissors, and glue project perfect for on the go crafting.
Sometimes I want to create, but want to do so with as few materials as possible. This is especially true if I plan to create away from home. These following creations were made with that thought in mind.
I made these two pocket cards for my scrapbook album from the A Little Foxy paper stack and a Whisper White & Smokey Slate Die cut – I always cut extras when I’m working with any of the shaped Framelits I own so I have them on hand on days I’m not feeling up to die-cutting-or when I’ll be crafting away from home.
The little foxes were so cute on the paper and cutting them out was time consuming, but it didn’t take much energy to cut them and these little cards are too cute with those tiny little foxes added. Plus, it really is nothing to take a 6″x6″ sheet of this paper and a pair of scissors with you to create!
I also thought these little cards (3″x4″) would easily be turned into a card front with a “congratulations” or “welcome baby” or “hello, foxy” stamp sentiment, so making multiples of these makes sense if you aren’t using them as pocket cards like I decided with these 2.
So, if you don’t have a card kit or Paper Pumpkin kit to do in a pinch and don’t want to drag a lot of materials with you, try choosing a paper which you can cut out the shapes (in this case foxes) and adhere to a matching designer paper. Add coordinating cardstock die cuts for the perfect little on the go project.
Materials needed to make the cards above:
- A Little Foxy 6″x6″ paper stack: this has the little foxes to cut out AND provides matching paper to make the pocket cards (sized 3 15/16″x4″ to fit standard Project Life pocket pages)
- Paper Trimmer: to Cut paper to the pocket card size you desire (you could make 4″x6″ also, I didn’t need them for my project) *Pre-cut to prep an on-the-go kit.
- Fine tip scissors- Stampin’ Up! Snips
- Pre-cut Die cut shapes: I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits for the Whisper White Oval and Layering Circles Framelits for the Smokey Slate Scalloped Circle
- Your favorite adhesive: Tombo in the white/green bottle works great
- I gathered all of these materials in an empty Paper Pumpkin box for easy grab-n-go crafting. By pre-cutting the cards & dies, I could leave the Big Shot, Framelits, & Paper Trimmer at home & just take smaller items in this box.
If you are away from home sitting at an appointment waiting room, at a child’s activity, or on vacation, remember that you can take your crafting with you. In this example even just taking the paper with the little foxes, scissors and a baggie for your cut out foxes would give you a head start on these cute little cards for later…and perhaps save you from reading an out of date well-handled magazine at a doctor’s office!
Until next time…