The combination of the Banners for Christmas stamp set and This Christmas Designer series paper makes a simple but elegant layout which you can make in no time.
All of the embellishments on this page are made from the Banners for Christmas set. There is a bit of fussy cutting for the candy cane and mistletoe, but the banner itself is a coordinating die.
- Cherry Cobbler is the 12″x12″ base page.
- Centered onto the Cherry Cobbler is a piece of This Christmas DSP measuring 8″x12″
- Centered onto that 8″x12″ This Christmas DSP is a coordinating piece from the This Christmas DSP collection measuring 5″x11″.
- Two strips of the same DSP used for the 5″x11″ section measuring 1″x12″ are placed butting up against the 8″x12″ DSP.
- The Candy Cane is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. It was then hand cut following the exterior lines and leaving no Very Vanilla border. It is adhered to the project with dimesionals.
- The Banner is stamped onto Early Espresso card stock using Whisper White ink and using White embossing powder to heat emboss (you could skip this step. I just really like the raised look/feel of embossed images). The words Merry & Christmas were stamped & embossed the same way before finally cutting out with the coordinating banners dies and Big Shot.
- The Greenery was stamped twice (you need 2) onto Very Vanilla card stock in Garden Green ink and colored with Mint Macaron & Cherry Cobbler markers. It was then hand cut as close to outside lines as possible, leaving only a small Very Vanilla border.
- 3 Garden Green photo mats size 3.25″x4.25″ are equally spaced.
- Weave the greenery and the banner together and add dimensionals so it pops off the paper.
You can see how I have woven the greenery around the banner. I even cut a few hidden sections to move them to other parts of the banner to make it look like there was more greenery-no reason to have all that work hidden under the banner.. You may wish to do this also to get the 2 you’ve made to provide a nice appearance.
Other than fussy cutting the greenery and candy cane it is an easy and quick project. I know many people who hate hand cutting things, but I don’t mind if I’m not doing it often. I believe the results with this are worth it.
Thanks for looking.
Until next time…