Did you notice the hexagon die in the Build It Framelits? How about the bumble bee in the Dragonfly Dreams set? If we combine these two sets… Hexagon + Bee = Bee Hive!
And who says that dragonfly can’t flutter on by the hive?
- The card itself is 5″x5″ with the dimensional raised top layer with cut out hexagons & hand stitching cut @ 4.75″x4.75″.
- The hexagon die itself is kept in the cut area to get the perfect pen line tracing around the outside of the cut. I used the Project Life Pens for this card.
- The Delightful Dijon DSP found in the Serene Scenery pack is cut @ 4 7/8″x4 7/8″.
- The shaded bee is stamped with delightful dijon and a basic black die cut bee adhered over the image. These were then fussy cut with Snips and for a two of the bees I cut the wings and rearranged them for different in-flight looks.
- Clear Wink of Stella was added to the bees and the dragonfly.
- The sentiment was stamped & embossed (I later redid this one when my eyes in more light saw how badly it embossed!)
This second card uses the same paper stack, card stock colors, Dragonfly Dreams bundled set, but it does not include the Build It set on the outside, but a Delightful Dijon hexagon and bee (exactly as above) on the interior Very Vanilla writing area/liner of the card.
Offsetting the regular layers-card base: 4.25″x5.5′, black layer 4″x5.25″, DSP layer: 3.75″x5″ gives a different look and adds movement to this dragonfly card. Clear Wink of Stella on the dragonfly & inside bee and gold metallic thread make this a quick card to put together.
By combining the hexagon from the Build It Framelits and the bee in the Dragonfly Dreams set I will find myself using both sets more. **Today’s Tip: Always look around and see what uses you may have by combining the sets you own.
Until next time…