Welcome to the first Stamp ‘N Hop Blog Hop. This monthly blog hop will take place the second Saturday of each month. I’m so excited to see what my fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrators have to share.
This month’s theme for the Stamp ‘N Hop Blog Hop is “Anything Occasions” to highlight all the wonderful things in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions catalog. I chose the We Must Celebrate set, because I’m a fan of the cute animals and sentiments. Aren’t the critter images in this set great?
Here you can’t see everything this set has to offer:
I knew I would get a lot more use out of this stamp set if I cut the images apart so that I could more easily use them separately. When I perform stamp surgery, I always cut them in a way that they easily piece back together to create the original image; no fancy trimming, just chopping apart! For those not brave enough to perform separation surgery on their stamps, inking and masking will do quite well; it may just take more time to achieve some results.
Mind you, this set has some very close images, so if you are new to cutting apart your stamps it could really freak you out! No one is going to give you a new set if you mess up. So, breathe deep! Even as a regular stamp cutter, this one tested my nerves, but it turned out fine.
Once cut apart I can easily stack my images or ink and stamp multiples of one image or easily figure out how they’ll fit in the circles in my card.
It is very easy to recreate this card:
- Card base is 8.5”x 5.5” Early Espresso folded in half to make a 4.25”x5.5”
- Pear Pizzazz is used as my top Layer. It is 4 1/8”x5 3/8
- 3 circles have been randomly cut using the Big Shot and the Layering Circles Dies (next to smallest circle)
- The Pear Pizzazz front is then placed over a Whisper White piece of cardstock of the same size and the circles are lightly traced in pencil to provide a placement guide for my images.
- Stamps were inked in Momento Black and stamped so they would fit within the pencil lines I made on the Whisper White cardstock.
- images were colored using Blends, Stampin’ Up’s Alcohol Markers.
- After coloring was dry, I erased the pencil marks.
- Leaves were stamped in Old Olive ink.
- The sentiment is a 1/2” scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock which was adhered and then trimmed flush with the Pear Pizzazz layer
- All layers were then adhered to finish the card
I hope you enjoyed seeing the We Must Celebrate set available now in clear (item# 145898) or wood mount red rubber (item# 145895).
You are currently visiting Joanne Hodge. Now it is time to hop on to the next participant in the Hop. Click next or check out the entire list of participants below.
Melissa Tennison – https://wp.me/p9MH0-Oh
Christina Walker – http://papergears.com/stamp-n-hop-feb-18/
Ilka Teschke – https://wp.me/p4Tobv-ks
Terry Montgomery – https://terryficcards.blogspot.com/2018/02/birthday-panda.html
Jessie Holton – http://www.jessieholton.com/2018/02/11a.html
Linda Richenberg – https://wp.me/p8GiKS-qn
Don’t forget Stamp ‘N Hop next month!
Until next time…