If you placed an order with me as a club order or through my storefront using the December Hostess code I supplied last month, you received a 4”x5.25” sample of each of the 6 designs in the Sweet Soirée Designer Series Paper (DSP).
From those DSP samples, you could create the following cards:
In addition to the Sweet Soirée DSP, these cards use:
- Ribbon of Courage bundle in Clear $36.75 USD (item#145342) or Wood $44.00 USD (item#145341)
- adhesive -I recommend Snail &7.00 USD (item# 104332), Tombo multipurpose adhesive $4.00 USD (item#110755), and dimensionals $4.00 USD (item#104430)
- Stitched Shape Framelits $30.00 USD (item#145372)
- Big Shot $110.00 USD (items#143263)
- Whisper White cardstock $9.00 USD (item#100730)
- Rich Razzleberry cardstock (item#115316)
- Powder Pink cardstock (item # 144244)
- Old Olive cardstock (item#100702)
- Basic Grey Archival Ink pad (item# 140932)
- Acrylic stamp block size D (item# 118485)
- Stampin’ Paper Trimmer (item# 126889)
For the month of January 2018, the Hostess code for orders under $150.00 USD is: HNCRD7R6. At Over $150.00 you qualify as your own hostess, reaping those benefits yourself.
Also remember that Sale-A-Bration (SAB) is in effect and a $50.00USD order will qualify for a level 1 freebie of your choice from the SAB catalog. You will be prompted to enter your item choice for qualifying orders. This year there are 2 levels for earning SAB products. Level 2 products take $100.00 to earn.
Until next time…
As you take a look through the new Stampin’ Up! Occasions catalog, does the Bubble Over bundle call your name? I think this set has so many options and the fact that it has a matching designer paper you can earn for free during Sale-a-bration is just an extra bonus.
If the video above didn’t showcase this set enough, I have a few samples of my own.
I know a few men & women who celebrate their birthdays with a refreshing beverage. They might get a kick out of this card:
Those little water droplets 💦 In The lower right corner are new to the Occasions catalog. They are mini, but perfect for the Bubble Over set.
That is the new Picture Perfect Designer Series paper in the background. Great plain, it can also be colored.
If you are creating a New Year’s Card or celebration of a special event (graduation, birth, wedding,etc) perhaps you’d prefer turning the bottle into a straight neck (just trim the edges of the neck straight on both sides from cap lip to bottle curve) champagne bottle. Wine bottles also have a straight neck.
With a little creative trimming the bottle will also turn into a glass 🍷. Don’t know how this is done? You’ll just have to check back Tuesday for the tutorial for this card.
I have a few more ideas to share with this set, so you’ll have to stop by again to check them out. Subscribe to get email notifications of new posts.
Need a demonstrator? I’d be happy to help you with your creativity & creative needs. You can shop with me 24/7 on my online storefront HERE. If you check ‘no contact’ I will be unable to send you any appreciation goodies. If you use the current hostess code during your order you will get a card and sample of a current SU! product in the mail directly from me as a thank you. If you purchase over $150.00 USD be your own hostess and reap those rewards for yourself!
January’s host(ess) code is: HNCRD7R6
Until next time…
The more I use the This Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP is an SU! term for patterned paper) out of the Stampin’ UP! Annual Catalog, the more I like it. It is considered a specialty DSP because the weight of the paper is less than other DSP and card stock, but it is still a significant weight to hold up well. The prints are great and I love that there are 24 sheets in the pack for $13.00 (US). That is 4 each of the 6 double-sided designs. I’ll be able to scrap a whole Christmas (I take A LOT of photos at Christmas time!) & still have some paper to make tags or cards. I love that! It is item# 141628 if you are wondering. I’m currently hoarding the music & snowflake prints for projects I have in my mind, but have started scrapbook pages with the rest.
Here is the first of my This Christmas DSP scrapbook layouts I’d like to share:
As you can see, I only used a bit of this DSP on this page.
In addition to being pleased with this DSP, I am also VERY Happy SU! is offering larger 12″x12″ coordinating card stock packs in this holiday mini catalog. It allows a scrapbooker more flexibility than buying multi-packs with only 2 each of the same color. The Warmth & Cheer 12″x12″ card stock pack item # 141992 in the holiday catalog comes with 10 each of 12″x12″ Cherry Cobbler card stock & 12″x12″ Garden Green cardstock which match the This Christmas DSP. This Warmth & Cheer 12″x12″ pack will be gone when the holiday catalog ends- So, don’t wait to stock up if you make your layouts after the holiday season! There is also a coordinating 8.5″x11″ card stock pack (cherry cobbler, garden green, & very vanilla) in the annual catalog, which is perfect for mats, embellishments, and card bases.
I used one of the four Seasonal Decorative Masks, also in the holiday catalog (item#141848), randomly on the Cherry Cobbler base with Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder. This embossed look gives texture & interest to this page and is one of the reasons I got away with so little DSP on this layout.
I also made the rather large gift as an embellishment and area for hidden photos or journaling (I’ll decide that later)-Because sometimes you want to remember & document a memory, but you don’t want everyone who looks through your scrapbook album to instantly see it as part of the page.
- Background card stock: Cherry Cobbler 12″x12″, embossed with Seasonal Decorative masks in 3 places (to provide texture/interest to photo mat area)
- 1″x12″ strip of This Christmas DSP placed 1/2″ from left edge and allowing for 1″x11″ strip of coordinating This Christmas DSP to be tucked under approximately 1/8″
- 2 photo mats in Garden Green card stock. 1: 4.25″x4.25″ and 1: 4.25″x6.25″
- Gift Embellishment is made from a 4.25″x 9.75″ Garden Green card stock scored @4.25″&8.5″. This Christmas DSP 4″x4″ and 1″x4″ was adhered to green base after folding to give the look of the gift. An Early Espresso bow was created using the Sunshine wishes thinlets dies abstract flower. A 1/2″x4.25″ Early Espresso strip finished the ribbon front and a velcro enclosure was added under this for opening and closing.
- Below the photo mats 2 journal areas were created using Early Espresso and Very Vanilla card stock. The Early Espresso Banners were made (both hand trimmed ends) from 5/8″x4.25″ & 5/8″x6.25″ to line up with the length of the mats. The Very Vanilla strips were cut 3/8″x3.5″ & 3/8″x5.5″.
Of course this layout would look great for birthdays or other gift-giving celebrations too! If any of you make this layout, I’d love to see your version in the comments. Changing up colors and patterns can make the same layout look completely different. I frequently use layout designs I’ve made more than once in my scrapbooks and none of them look like repeats- Once I’ve gone to the trouble to make my own designs, it is nice to be able to reuse them!
Be crafty! 🙂
Until next time…
The beauty of Autumn has arrived to my area of the world and this year I am determined to photograph some of the sites from my own wooded acre of the world.
In order to get myself to take more photos of the trees & other things around my property in the Autumn months, I decided to start by creating a scrapbook layout. I am more apt to get the photos developed if I already know the sizes to print and the layout on which I will use them.
First I needed a color scheme for the layout. For that I turned to this photo which I took yesterday:
After a bit of a struggle on which green I would use, I decided to use Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Soft Suede to work with this photo. I also wanted some colors that would add a bit more color to the page. So, I also added Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry when I stamped the Wondrous Wreath images.
In case you want to recreate this layout, I’ll save you the time figuring out details.
The cutting measurements:
- Basic Black CS: 2.25″x 12″ & 1″x 2.25″(cut banner into end)
- Whisper White CS: 6.75″x 9.25″ – Plus enough for the wreath
- Pear Pizzazz CS: 0.75″x 2.25″ (cut banner into end), 2 Photo Mats 4.25″x 6.25″
- Soft Suede CS: 0.5″ x 1.5″ (cut banner into end)
- Pop of Pink DSP from the 2016-2017 Annual catalog- Print= white with black plus signs: 12″ x 12″
- Basic Black CS: 12″x 12″
- Whisper White CS: 8.5″ x 11″ – Plus enough for 2 wreaths -1 wreath cut to form partial sections
- Pear Pizzazz CS: 8.5″ x 2.5″
- Soft Suede CS: 2 Photo Mats 4.25″x 6.25″
- Pop of Pink DSP- white with black plus signs: 2″ x 12″ & 1″ x 12″
I’ll be taking more photos over the next few weeks & add to those I took yesterday to complete this layout. Acorns, leaves, trees, and who knows what else. I usually capture the wild animals grazing or crossing through my land, but I forget to take pictures of the things I see routinely around my property. Some day I believe I may want to see photos of these every day or every Autumn things too.
Are you photographing special events more than your routine experiences?
Don’t forget to capture some every day events or things in your scrapbooks for variety. Life isn’t just special events. It is also making every day things into cherished memories.
Until next time…