With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, thoughts of romance swirl in the air for many. But for others it may be a day of longing for love lost, love not yet found, or unrequited love. The latter need cards with big hugs and messages of support and caring.
Today’s cards could be used to support someone who finds this occasion difficult or to share & express your love and caring for someone you adore.
I have always really loved the combination of black, white, and red. The Petal Passion Designer Series Paper (DSP) is a fabulous pack of black and white patterned paper just waiting for your coloring or just as beautiful left as is. I combined two sheets of this paper today. One used Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive Blends to create beautifully colored designs. The other used both sides of this lovely black and white paper.
Both the card above and below have the same basic design. The ingredients are as follows:
- The heart dies are found in the Support Ribbon framelits dies -item#143749
- Love is found in the Sunshine Wishes dies -item#141489
- Hugs is found in the Lovely Words Thinlits dies -item#143733; I trimmed the die cut piece with my Snips to remove the outer shape, leaving just the word.
- The Basic Black mats are 4”x5.25”, 3”x3”, 3.5”x1”
- The Petal Passion DSP pieces are 3.75”x5” for the colored floral, 2.75”x2.75” for the striped piece, which is the reverse design on the small floral page. The small floral is 3.25”x.75”
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock is used for the card base (5.5”x 8.5”,scored @ 4.25”) as well as all die cuts
- Basic Rhinestones scattered throughout (odd number is best for design)
As I cut the above two cards from my full 12”x12” sheet of hand colored dsp, I had a few smaller pieces remaining which I turned into 1 7/8”squares. By using mats in smaller increments than the above cards, I was able to maximize my dsp use and create this cute card below.
The black mats are 2”x2”(4 of these squares) and 4”x 1.25”. The Cherry Cobbler mat is 4 1/8”x 5 3/8”. The card base for this card is Basic Black.
Using just two 12”x12” sheets of this Petal Passion DSP you could make 3 each of the cards above and have some small strips left over which would be perfect cut into 1/2”x 4” strips to put on Whisper White inserts (4”x5.25”) for these cards. With the addition of approximately 6 each color 8.5”x 11” cardstock sheets in Cherry Cobbler & Basic Black and 2 1/4 sheets of Whisper White for card inserts, that is all the paper you need to create nine cards to send and share hugs & love!
Handwrite your entire insert or choose a stamp (my preference) that expresses your thoughts and add additional handwritten notes to your intended recipient(s). The insert , before I add my message, looks like this:
Remember you aren’t limited to Cherry Cobbler. Black and white paper is neutral and these basic card designs could be recreated with your favorite colors. You could also replace the hearts with other dies or stamped images. Do your favorite combinations and share with me!
Until next time…