My Sweet Shih-tzu Annie recently turned 7 years old and this is the layout I made to memorialize that day.
Before you ask where the cute dog photos are, I’m sorry that isn’t being shared. Trust me, she and her Shih-tzu sister are absolutely adorable. But I am not one to want photos of myself or my loved ones all over the internet. So, you’ll almost always get layouts minus photos from me. I’m a protective mama bear. Sorry.
The Title for this page was made by cutting 1″x1″ squares into triangles and stamping with the Brushstroke Alphabet set and cupcake from the Bella & Friends set. I colored the cupcake with markers & gold Wink of Stella and then mounted the stamped triangles on Night of Navy cardstock triangles cut 1/8″ larger on all sides (Yes, I did hand cut them all) and strung them onto white bakers twine leaving about 3″ extra to hang freely on each side.
Little Bella from the Bella & Friends stamp set reminds me of Annie & is the perfect little embellishment for the page. I stamped her using Night of Navy ink onto a punched 1.75″ Whisper White circle with a 2″ Night of Navy punched circle mat; she’s just the cutest with a colored red heart collar!
A Journal tag was created from a 1.75″x4″ piece of Whisper White card stock. Straight lines were drawn using the Cherry Cobbler Marker and hearts which were punched from the Cookie Cutter builder punch were added. The circle with heart was created by punching again after the heart with the large circle from the Owl builder punch.
The Rest of the details for this layout page:
- The Base Designer series paper is from the Floral Boutique collection.
- Both photo mats are 4.25″x6.25″
- The Cherry Cobbler Strip running down the left side is 1.25″x12″
- The Cherry Cobbler behind the photo mats is 5.25″x9″
- The journal tag was mounted on a 2″x4.25″ Night of Navy card stock.
- A Project Life Black Journal Pen was used to journal.
Of course I took a lot more photos than one page would hold. So, page two of the double page layout spread follows:
It is a rather simple complementary page. Containing the same base DSP and circle heart punched element and enough photo mats for my remaining photos of her cake, toys (Yes, if you read the journal tag that means squeeky balls!), and overall birthday experiences.
- This page layout has 6 photo mats in Night of Navy card stock. 1: 4.25″x6.25″, 2: 3.25″x4.25″, and 3: 3″x3″ mats. My photos will be 1/4″ on all sides smaller (4×6, 3×4, and 2.75×2.75)
- The Cherry Cobbler strip running behind the 3 small 3″ squares is 1.25″x12″.
- The Whisper White area under the photo mats on the right is 5″x10″
- The Cherry Cobbler banner strip is 2″x11″. I hand cut my banner ends, but Stampin’ Up! does have a fabulous banner punch for those who are uncomfortable doing so. The trick to hand cutting is to find your center and cut up the depth you wish your banner to be and then from both points of paper cut at same angle to that center cut. I like that I can alter my banner tail sizes by just altering my depth and angle, but the banner punch is great if you don’t feel you can cut straight or on the same angle!
I know you’ll be seeing the Bella & Friends stamp set used again. I adore the images in this set and having 2 whimsicle shih-tzu girls I feel it was made just for me. I can almost tell Bella’s personality based on these stamps!
If you are interested in purchasing Bella & Friends or any other items, I would love to be your demonstrator. You can shop directly from my online Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE.
Until next time…