When I get together with my downline or crafty friends we often talk about our favorite things. Today, I thought I’d take some time to share my favorite things from the Stampin’ UP! Annual catalog now that I’ve had a few months to play with a bunch of the products from the catalog.
I find with Christmas on its way that people often wonder what my list would contain. Theses are those things from this year’s annual catalog which I recommend:
- The new Color Theory Suite. Yes, the entire Suite! I love the colors: Dapper Denim, Crushed Curry, Berry Burst & Old Olive. The versatility of the Colorful Seasons Bundle will take you through the entire year. The designs are trendy and traditional.
- The Ribbon of Courage Bundle. A Perfect set to send love to those going through hard times in their cancer journey. Simply by changing colors this set will provide support and awareness for military, police, fire, health issues, rape crisis and so much more. The sentiments alone are great. Plus, the hearts are good for any love themed creations.
- The new 2017-2018 In-Colors: Fresh Fig, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, and Powder Pink. I loved them before I saw them in person and even more as I play with them.
- Memories and More. I was very sad to see to partnership with Becky Higgins and Project Life come to an end. I am very pleased with the new pocket cards which Stampin’ UP! has incorporated into their line. The Color Theory and Petal Garden card packs have been at the top of my play list grabs/go-tos when I sit down to create and the Bundle of Love and Perfect Days will get their turn soon. I love them all. They are great for pocket scrapbooking, great for 12″x12″ layouts and great for cards. They coordinate well with other products and work perfectly as additional designer series papers on small projects. I am thrilled with this new line. I can tell you now, you’ll be seeing A LOT more of the designs I’ve created with Memories & More throughout the year.
- Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing folder. It is a great background folder. I really like the deep impressions in the “dynamic” folder line. I’m a big fan of the wood look and adding texture to projects. This folder creates a great siding, tree, deck, boardwalk, or fence appearance with just a crank thru the Big Shot. It looks fabulous with the Wood Textures DSP stack.
- Decorative Ribbon Border Punch. I’ve wanted a border punch to return to our line-up since the last one was taken away. This year we have two (the Ticket Tear Border Punch is the other). I like the design of this Decorative Ribbon Border and the ability to use either side tucked under an edge or allow the whole thing to show to create a total different border look. You can even weave 1/8″ ribbon through the large holes!
- Daisy Delight Bundle. This punch and stamp bundle is absolutely adorable. From home decor to card and scrapbook design- well, I really don’t need to tell you how wonderful daisies and a punch bundle are, do I? Its constant back order status this past Summer shows how popular it has been. BTW: Stock is available now.
- At Home with You Bundle. I like this set for its versatility. It is perfect if you need a card for a new home owner. It is cute to add the decorations to a card by themselves or as part of the door scene for various holidays. The garland and wreaths for the door also fit the Window framelit (I like when new works with old!). If you like to color in your images, this is a fun set.
- 1/8″ sheer ribbons in Whisper White, Fresh Fig, Calypso Coral, and Old Olive. I really love how easily these ribbons are to add to a project. I find smaller ribbons easier to add to cards. Plus, when tied they don’t add much more bulk than a rhinestone or pearl and sending things in the post without extra postage is important to me. See the Calypso Coral below:
- Mini Dimensionals. Have you been using snips to cut your dimensionals to fit smaller projects? Well, finally these mini dimensionals (notice the size difference in the photo) eliminate some of that (some projects still need those odd shapes).
- Okay, I really couldn’t stop at 10 and this item is one of my absolute favorite new products- My bonus favorite item is the New Embossing Paste, coupled with the tools and decorative masks. I love the ease of adding texture to a project. I absolutely use this over and over and WILL buy more paste when mine runs out!
If you need help getting some of these things in your hands, I’m happy to help you with that.
Just don’t forget these great items when you’re shopping the holiday mini catalog.
Until next time…