Today I wanted to share a little preparation and organization which helps me get and keep my crafty mojo when it comes to card making. It is very simple: I keep this box stocked so I’m ready to craft:
I have this plastic bin which I have filled with card bases 4.25″x5.5″ and mats in 3 sizes: 4″x5.25″, 4 1/8″x5 3/8″, 3.75″x5″.
Card bases are pre-scored and folded. I try to keep 4-6 of each color available. However, I’m currently running low on a few colors and some colors I don’t use frequently enough to create bases.
Shimmery White cardstock is kept to the left so that I know exactly where it is.
I like to keep my photos which need to be scrapped in this side area as well.
How I have benefited from this card preparation
- I always have things ready to go and can sit down and craft with basic preparation done.
- I can see which colors I use most AND know exactly when I need to make more card parts and/or order that color cardstock.
- It is inspirational just looking at the rainbow of colors and having them at my fingertips!
- It helps me ‘try-out’ different color bases for a card when they are easily accessible.
- On days I want to craft but don’t feel so inspired, preparing card bases and mats allows me to accomplish something which I know I’ll appreciate when my creativity returns.
I have begun to create a similar system for my scrapbooking by prepping photo mats in frequently used sizes and colors. I think this too will be very useful for days I just want to sit and create.
Please share in the comments the ways you keep your mojo flowing by preparing things ahead and/or keeping them organized at arms reach.
Until next time…